Every day millions of products are bought and sold on Facebook Marketplace. For ecommerce brands, dropshippers and print on demand businesses this is a gold mine of supply and demand.
You can learn about the mechanics behind a Dropship Business here in this guide.
Retail arbitrage is a way where you can buy low and sell high from most marketplaces. The good thing is Facebook has an active userbase on the marketplace 24/7 so buying and selling happens non stop.
The core sales principles remain
1 Use clear images that show the products best features
2 Use clear headlines that catch the readers eye
3 Use clear description product descriptions
4 Direct users to your primary sales website when possible
Facebook marketplace is a place for everyone to make some money selling products online. As a dropshipper Ive made money from facebook marketplace many times over. You do need to be watching your listings but if you can communicate fast and have a product in demand you are going to make sales.
Here are some key points to consider when trying to start dropshipping on Facebook Marketplace
- Research Niche and Products:
- Begin by researching and identifying a niche that has demand on Facebook Marketplace. Look for products that are unique, in demand, and have good profit margins.
- You can buy products on AliExpress low and sell high
- Supplier Selection:
- Choose reliable and reputable suppliers for your dropshipping business. AliExpress, Oberlo, and SaleHoo are popular platforms where you can find suppliers.
- I like to use Australian suppliers if Im promoting marketplace product listings in Australia, the shipping is better than coming from overseas.
- Create a Facebook Business Account:
- If you don’t have one already, create a dedicated Facebook Business account for your dropshipping venture. This allows you to separate your personal and business activities.
- Build a Professional Profile:
- Create a professional and appealing business profile on Facebook Marketplace. Use clear images, write compelling product descriptions, and highlight the benefits of your products.
- Product Listings:
- List your products on Facebook Marketplace with high-quality images and detailed descriptions. Be transparent about the product’s features, specifications, and any potential shipping delays.
- Pricing Strategy:
- Set competitive prices that factor in product cost, shipping fees, and your desired profit margin. Keep an eye on your competitors’ pricing to ensure your offerings are attractive.
- You can decide to sell low ticket items or try your hand at high ticket dropship items.
- Shipping and Delivery:
- Clearly communicate the expected shipping times to your customers. Since dropshipping can involve longer shipping times, manage customer expectations to prevent dissatisfaction.
- Customer Service:
- Provide excellent customer service. Respond promptly to inquiries, address concerns, and provide tracking information. Positive interactions can lead to repeat business and positive reviews.
- Order Fulfillment:
- When an order is received, fulfill it through your chosen supplier. Ensure that the correct product is shipped to the customer’s address.
- Payment Processing:
- Set up a reliable payment processing method that’s secure for both you and your customers. PayPal and Stripe are common options.
- Feedback and Reviews:
- Encourage satisfied customers to leave positive reviews on your Facebook Marketplace page. Positive reviews can build trust and credibility.
- Marketing and Promotion:
- Use Facebook’s advertising tools to promote your products to a targeted audience. Consider running paid ads to increase visibility and attract potential buyers.
- Legal and Compliance:
- Familiarize yourself with local and regional regulations related to online selling, taxes, and consumer protection. Ensure your business is compliant.
- Continuous Optimization:
- Continuously monitor your sales, customer feedback, and performance. Adjust your strategies based on what’s working and what’s not.
- Scale Wisely:
- As your business grows, consider expanding your product offerings, optimizing your processes, and potentially exploring other online sales channels beyond Facebook Marketplace.
Remember that dropshipping can be competitive, so your success will depend on factors like product selection, customer service, and marketing efforts. It’s important to stay adaptable and willing to adjust your strategies based on the evolving needs of your business and customers.
Facebook Marketplace also has some strict rules in place for how users transact between each other. It’s worth you learning the restrictions and guidelines in place to keep any business you build using this method safe and operating for years not days.