What you are going to need to start making money
Owning an ecommerce or dropshipping store is very empowering. The ability to have a vision and then the power to publish and promote products that really do help solve problems. Now the kicker is that you can increase the profitability of your store with a few simple apps on Shopify and a few small tweaks to the theme and settings of your Shopify store.
I also want to be clear that just adding the Shopfiy apps will not make you money. You will need to connect them, integrate them and set them up to do what it is that they do. A little configuration and then you can see some returns.
1. Shopify Account (obviously) 2. PayPal Account
• to collect money from people paying directly with PayPal
3. USD Bank Account
• this is important because your store will be ran on USD currency, so in order to link your store
to a bank account, it MUST be a USD currency bank account
NOTE: Even if you don’t live in the USA, you can get a USD bank account at your local bank usually.
4. Facebook Ads Account
• Go to http://business.facebook.com to create your Business Ads account with Facebook
5. Facebook niche page
- This is the page we will use to run your ads from
- We will NOT be constantly posting content on your page, it’s simply for your ads
- Should be branded with your store name, etc
6. Domain + Branded Support Email Address
- Go to GoDaddy.com to buy your branded store domain
- Reason is because it looks more professional than just http://storename.myshopify.com
- Using a Gmail for your support email is fine for now
- But eventually we want to look more professional, customers to respect your store more
7. An “About Us” page
• This helps build customer trust when they land on your page
8. Legal pages
- This is to protect yourself legally
If you are struggling with setting up your account, linking your bank account, or linking your GoDaddy domain to your store, then visit Shopify’s Live Chat Support: https://docs.shopify.com/support
They are AMAZING!
How To Add A Product and Collection To Your Store
Once you find products that fit the criteria we covered in the last PDF, head over to Google and look for a higher quality version of the product (bigger size, no watermarks, etc)
Then head over to Shopify and go to add the product: PRODUCTS -> PRODUCTS
Then simply fill out all the details for the product: Name, description, variants (if any), shipping, pricing ($0.01), suggested price ($19.95).
REMEMBER: If the product is below $3-4 on AliExpress, then we will enter 8.0kg for the shipping weight, which is equivalent to $9.95 shipping that we created in the previous shipping module.
To add a collection to your store, head to: PRODUCTS -> COLLECTION The video is pretty self-explanatory on how to add a product to the collection.
How To Add A Theme
To select/customize your new theme, head to: ONLINE STORE -> THEMES
Then you can head to the Theme Store to look for a better theme. Once you’ve picked a theme, you can simply customize the theme.
Each theme has its own elements that you can edit, so there’s not much teaching to be made here. It’s basically just a matter of taste and testing based on how you like the look of the theme.
How To Setup the Settings in the shipping rates tab
1. Remove any shipping rates that are already there. 2. Use WORLDWIDE when it asks for location
• traffic will come from USA, Canada and Australia because of FB ads location that we choose 3. For products that are below $3-4, we will be selling them for $0.01 + shipping
• Normal shipping will be 8.0kg
4. For products that are above $3-4, we will be selling them for “double the price + FREE SHIPPING”
• Free shipping will be 0.0kg
You may be confused right now, but this will make sense when we start doing product research and
adding products from AliExpress to our store.
So, to begin entering the shipping rates, go to: SETTINGS -> SHIPPING Then enter the following rates:
Tricks & Tips to do and Not to do for Facebook Groups Dropshipping’s indirect method :
- Think out of the box,
- Don’t sell, help instead,
- Make content fresh,
- Make content from different perspectives,
- For the How-To content, it’s very simple to get this kind of content (follow steps below)
To get attractive content and How-To content, it’s easy:
- You can create content from searching video tutorials and blogs posts: on how to use your product and how it solves problems.
- You can summarize the content of other video tutorials to quickly edited video capsules,
- Also, you can resume blog and vlog posts in short written checklists (people love this)
How to Dropship on Facebook Marketplace (Free & Paid)
My best, fast and secret method to get customers for free from Facebook is Facebook Marketplace, Why?
1- The way that new or old Dropshipping marketers can and should do is Facebook Marketplace. Why?
- Because of the huge traffic flows there,
- Facebook Marketplace visitors are the same people in the Facebook website or app: because it’s a part of a category of the website/app,
- The type of clientele circulating there are interested in buying items,
- Customers there are warmed and aware of buying and have the ability to buy,
- Facebook has a perfect targeting structure: it targets the best products for the best customers.
- Facebook Marketplace works locally: so you can target your local area or even other areas.
- Facebook Marketplace works without a specific or needed store,
- Facebook Marketplace works with negotiation: you submit your items, people say them and contact you directly in Facebook Messenger as clients. They could demand to negotiate prices, so get ready for that.
11 Steps & How to do dropshipping on Facebook Marketplace :
- Go to the Facebook app,
- Go to the Marketplace side (category),
- Click “Sell”
- Choose the type of your product (item, job,…)
- Write a Title of your product,
- Choose clear photos,
- Choose your area,
- Choose the category of the product,
- Tip the price of your item,
- Write features and details in the description block,
- Click “Submit” and wait for messages (as soon as possible on the same day)
Insight: Facebook marketplace used to only allow local sales for people to connect and buy & sell in their area only. After some feedback about strangers coming to peoples homes the expansion to allow shipping and postage were seen as a safer way to grow the platform adoption. Now we can ship products worldwide.
Next add these rates in there as well:
As long as you enter it exactly as you see it, then everything should work.
Essentially, we want to have a limit of items that customers can buy from our store. If they end up buying more than 20 items from our store, then we may actually be LOSING money from the transaction.
No need to worry. This is to protect yourself and always make money from each order 😉
If you have any issues with shipping rates, then head over to Shopify’s Live Chat Support. They are amazing and will definitely be able to help you with any issues you have with regards to creating shipping rates.
Live Chat link: https://docs.shopify.com/support
Increase Store Revenue with Outsourced Staffing
Where To Find Outsourcers
Yep, as simple as a FB status asking if anyone is looking for a job has been able to get me a couple of very reliable workers. You would be surprised how many of your FB friends could use the extra income!
Fiverr (short-term tasks)
This is mostly for little tasks here and there, or something like logo creation, FB page covers, etc. Definitely not for someone who would work for you 4-5 hours each day, but rather a task you would need every now and then.
UpWork (aka oDesk)
If you want to find some really loyal and inexpensive workers in different timezones, then UpWork is your go-to!
This is especially if you’re looking for local workers to help you out with your day-to-day business.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure your worker speaks proper English. Have an interview with them on Skype, or a casual conversion on FB message. If you can’t communicate in English, then you will run into many problems. Imagine having a non-English speaker handle your email support. YUCKKK!
Tasks To Outsource In Your E-Com Biz
1. Order fulfillment
Someone who will fulfill orders on AliExpress as they come in each day.
Probably the most important task by far!
2. Email support
Someone who will reply to customer concerns & questions
Make sure they are very good at writing in English
3. Facebook page admin
Someone who will reply to messages on your Facebook page
Someone who will engage with people who leave comments
By replying to comments of people who say “I want this”, you are recovering potential sales!
4. Product and niche research
There are always new products you can sell to your niche, pay someone to find them for you!
When you use the AliExpress dropshipping App you can automate order fulfilment. Its very easy to make that process a seamless one.
How to fulfill orders
Pretty simple process.
You get a sale, you buy the product from AliExpress and ship it to the customer. You’re basically the “middleman/middlewoman”.
When you get your order, head over to shopify and go to ORDERS -> ORDERS
Then you will click on the blue order number, which will take you to the order details.
There, you will see which items the customer bought, along with the customer shipping address.
So then you will head over to AliExpress and go to the product you are selling, and you will simply buy as if you are a customer.
Then it will ask you for shipping address, and it’s as simple as copy pasting at this point.
IMPORTANT: Once you check out, make sure to leave a note asking the supplier to have
NO RECEIPT with the package. We don’t want the customer knowing that the product cost less than what they purchase it from your store.
That’s pretty much it for this module. Very simple.
Receive Orders -> Copy Paste onto AliExpress as if you were the customer -> Pay For Orders then you keep the profit 😉
When you build the right framework for your store you can then use the right mix of apps to create a profitable store. The bonus is creating a very organised store collection, using outsourced staff to fulfil orders and store maintenance so you can focus on growing your ecommerce business.