Shopify Apps That Help Make Your Store More Money
Owning an ecommerce or dropshipping store is very empowering. The ability to have a vision and then the power to publish and promote products that really do help solve problems. Now the kicker is that you can increase the profitability of your store with a few simple apps on Shopify and a few small tweaks to the theme and settings of your Shopify store.
I also want to be clear that just adding the Shopfiy apps will not make you money. You will need to connect them, integrate them and set them up to do what it is that they do. A little configuration and then you can see some returns.[/et_pb_text][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.5.3″ _module_preset=”default” hover_enabled=”0″]
What you are going to need to start making money
1. Shopify Account (obviously) 2. PayPal Account
• to collect money from people paying directly with PayPal
3. USD Bank Account
• this is important because your store will be ran on USD currency, so in order to link your store
to a bank account, it MUST be a USD currency bank account
NOTE: Even if you don’t live in the USA, you can get a USD bank account at your local bank usually.
4. Facebook Ads Account
• Go to http://business.facebook.com to create your Business Ads account with Facebook
5. Facebook niche page
- This is the page we will use to run your ads from
- We will NOT be constantly posting content on your page, it’s simply for your ads
- Should be branded with your store name, etc
6. Domain + Branded Support Email Address
- Go to GoDaddy.com to buy your branded store domain
- Reason is because it looks more professional than just http://storename.myshopify.com
- Using a Gmail for your support email is fine for now
- But eventually we want to look more professional, customers to respect your store more
7. An “About Us” page
• This helps build customer trust when they land on your page
8. Legal pages
- This is to protect yourself legally
If you are struggling with setting up your account, linking your bank account, or linking your GoDaddy domain to your store, then visit Shopify’s Live Chat Support: https://docs.shopify.com/support
They are AMAZING!
Apps that will make you a lot more money on Shopify
Yes, some are free, and some are paid apps. Most of them have a free trial so our goal is to make your money back from that app in the first week or so.
These are some of the basic apps we use for our store that have helped us make even more money:
1. Contact Form
• Customers need to have some sort of easy way to contact you, and sometimes there are
problems with ordering, so by having a simple contact form, you can help that customer FAST!
- Can’t speak highly enough of this app. It shows a pop up in the corner of your store showing a recent purchase made on your store.
- Visitors will have no choice but look at the pop up and see what others have bought
- Boosts conversions and builds legitimacy to your store
- “If others are buying on this store, then I need to also!”
3 Abandonment Protector
- Another VITAL app to your success with Shopify
- Whenever someone “adds to cart” but doesn’t purchase, they are sent an email sequence
- You can edit your sequence however you like
- This has helped me bring back a ton of sales that I would have otherwise lost
- Sends sleek-looking receipts to your customers after they buy.
- Builds customer trust RIGHT AWAY after they buy
- Tons of customization features
5. McAfee Secure a social proof signal
- Anti-virus security
- Safety when purchasing
- Customers feel safer browsing on your store knowing there’s an anti-virus
6 Email Marketing
How To Add A Product and Collection To Your Store
Once you find products that fit the criteria we covered in the last PDF, head over to Google and look for a higher quality version of the product (bigger size, no watermarks, etc)
Then head over to Shopify and go to add the product: PRODUCTS -> PRODUCTS
Then simply fill out all the details for the product: Name, description, variants (if any), shipping, pricing ($0.01), suggested price ($19.95).
REMEMBER: If the product is below $3-4 on AliExpress, then we will enter 8.0kg for the shipping weight, which is equivalent to $9.95 shipping that we created in the previous shipping module.
To add a collection to your store, head to: PRODUCTS -> COLLECTION The video is pretty self-explanatory on how to add a product to the collection.
How To Add A Theme
To select/customize your new theme, head to: ONLINE STORE -> THEMES
Then you can head to the Theme Store to look for a better theme. Once you’ve picked a theme, you can simply customize the theme.
Each theme has its own elements that you can edit, so there’s not much teaching to be made here. It’s basically just a matter of taste and testing based on how you like the look of the theme.
How To Setup the Settings in the shipping rates tab
1. Remove any shipping rates that are already there. 2. Use WORLDWIDE when it asks for location
• traffic will come from USA, Canada and Australia because of FB ads location that we choose 3. For products that are below $3-4, we will be selling them for $0.01 + shipping
• Normal shipping will be 8.0kg
4. For products that are above $3-4, we will be selling them for “double the price + FREE SHIPPING”
• Free shipping will be 0.0kg
You may be confused right now, but this will make sense when we start doing product research and
adding products from AliExpress to our store.
So, to begin entering the shipping rates, go to: SETTINGS -> SHIPPING Then enter the following rates:
and these rates as well:
As long as you enter it exactly as you see it, then everything should work.
Essentially, we want to have a limit of items that customers can buy from our store. If they end up buying more than 20 items from our store, then we may actually be LOSING money from the transaction.
No need to worry. This is to protect yourself and always make money from each order 😉
If you have any issues with shipping rates, then head over to Shopify’s Live Chat Support. They are amazing and will definitely be able to help you with any issues you have with regards to creating shipping rates.
Live Chat link: https://docs.shopify.com/support
Increase Store Revenue with Outsourced Staffing
Where To Find Outsourcers
Yep, as simple as a FB status asking if anyone is looking for a job has been able to get me a couple of very reliable workers. You would be surprised how many of your FB friends could use the extra income!
Fiverr (short-term tasks)
This is mostly for little tasks here and there, or something like logo creation, FB page covers, etc. Definitely not for someone who would work for you 4-5 hours each day, but rather a task you would need every now and then.
UpWork (aka oDesk)
If you want to find some really loyal and inexpensive workers in different timezones, then UpWork is your go-to!
This is especially if you’re looking for local workers to help you out with your day-to-day business.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure your worker speaks proper English. Have an interview with them on Skype, or a casual conversion on FB message. If you can’t communicate in English, then you will run into many problems. Imagine having a non-English speaker handle your email support. YUCKKK!
Tasks To Outsource In Your E-Com Biz
1. Order fulfillment
Someone who will fulfill orders on AliExpress as they come in each day.
Probably the most important task by far!
2. Email support
Someone who will reply to customer concerns & questions
Make sure they are very good at writing in English
3. Facebook page admin
Someone who will reply to messages on your Facebook page
Someone who will engage with people who leave comments
By replying to comments of people who say “I want this”, you are recovering potential sales!
4. Product and niche research
There are always new products you can sell to your niche, pay someone to find them for you!
When you use the AliExpress dropshipping App you can automate order fulfilment. Its very easy to make that process a seemless one.
How to fulfill orders
Pretty simple process.
You get a sale, you buy the product from AliExpress and ship it to the customer. You’re basically the “middleman/middlewoman”.
When you get your order, head over to shopify and go to ORDERS -> ORDERS
Then you will click on the blue order number, which will take you to the order details.
There, you will see which items the customer bought, along with the customer shipping address.
So then you will head over to AliExpress and go to the product you are selling, and you will simply buy as if you are a customer.
Then it will ask you for shipping address, and it’s as simple as copy pasting at this point.
IMPORTANT: Once you check out, make sure to leave a note asking the supplier to have
NO RECEIPT with the package. We don’t want the customer knowing that the product cost less than what they purchase it from your store.
That’s pretty much it for this module. Very simple.
Receive Orders -> Copy Paste onto AliExpress as if you were the customer -> Pay For Orders then you keep the profit 😉
When you build the right framework for your store you can then use the right mix of apps to create a profitable store. The bonus is creating a very organised store collection, using outsourced staff to fulfil orders and store maintance so you can focus on growing your ecommerce business.